Wednesday, October 13, 2010

An Author's Most Embarrassing Moment.


Well, today was the day, my radio interview aired for the first time since I was interviewed back in September. It is airing for a full twenty four hours at http://www.thechildrensauthorshow.com

I have been waiting on this interview with much excitement. The few short minutes that I was on air started off just great. It was fabulous. I was answering questions without stammering. I was actually sounding professional. Both my husband and I were listening with big grins on our faces. I was so proud and he was too of me. However, at the end of the interview, I could not believe that I misspelled my own name on the show. I was in shock when I heard that big ole mistake for the first time. I literally gasped. What the heck????? I did not realize that big flubby-do until the interview aired. My nerves must have been really whacked that day. Now that is my most embarrassing moment as a writer/author.

When the host asked me to spell out my full name for the audience, I said just as proud as a peacock, "Wiona Rasheed". I must have been out of my mind, or my nerves were on edge for my name is spelled, WINONA....Wi no na and not Wi ona as I proudly related. When I heard that mistake, I could have just died! I couldn't believe it, especially since everything was going so well. Thank goodness I didn't flub up the names of my book titles.lol

Now that was an embarrassing moment. Can anyone out there relate to this?

Signing off for now.

Winona Rasheed......Yes, it is spelled right.

No comments:

Post a Comment